Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on the Mirena or had strange symptoms?

I have had the mirena for 2+ yrs and until 5 months ago all was well. Now I find my self having strange symptoms that lead me to believe Im pregnant but the test always comes out negative. I have night neausea (which i had with my other 2) I have bouts of sore breast that last weeks, in the last couple weeks I have had constant urination. My stomach appears bloated I cant "suck it in" to save my life. It apprears to be getting bigger thou I havnt gained weight. I have taken 2 tests since jan and they have both been negative but everything seems so weird. I am wondering if anyone else has had this or get pregnant on it and maybe still tested negative I am thinking maybe the hormones are effecting the test results? And if you have been pregnant what was the outcome? did you have it taken out or left in? did you carrry to term? Was the baby ok? I am very concerned and going to make a dr apt but thought id ask in the meen time.

mommy2betwice

Asked by mommy2betwice at 10:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had my IUD in for a year before i did become pregnant. I had gotten 2 negative results before i finally got a potitive. I was almost 7 weeks preg. before i got the pos. result. I went to my OB right away and she removed it. It was still in place too, but sperm got past the IUD. My OB let me know that somr preg. with an IUD end up in a M/C, but mine didnt. I delivered a healthy baby boy in April. He was born at 39 weeks. Him and i are doing very well. Good luck and i hope all goes well for you.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Thank you so much for your answer! Can I just ask you what made you think you were pregnant?
    mommy2betwice

Answer by mommy2betwice at 10:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i had period-like cramps, but no period ever came. I also had bad heartburn and sore breasts.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010