can i get a home that the government will help pay for??

my mom was talking about how a friend of hers got a townhome for really cheap through the government or something? but it's not like a "housing" type of thing. anyone know what im talking about? if so, id like to know more about it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. Where I live White people get nothing for free. Or for less for that matter.
    Anonymous

• nothing for single moms or ANYTHING???
    Anonymous

• not here in colorado!! what make you thing any one would get help with a house
    Anonymous

• Nope... here where I live you have to BUY what you want and EARN the money to do so.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Probably a USDA loan.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• wouldnt everyone own a home then??
    Anonymous

• Have you looked into Habitat for Humanity? They help people who qualify (I don't know what that is, low income for one) get homes at a low cost. It's not totally free, there's a low or no interest mortgage and you have to put in so many hours of "sweat equity" by volunteering at builds or other Habitat approved places.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Why would the government buy you a house?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Is she talking about HUD? HUD homes are really cheap, but they also need a lot of work, from what I understand.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Habitat for Humanity is sure something to look into....my husband's cousin got a house built for her and her family by them here in VA.
    I don't know anything about HUD homes or any program through the government, but you can ask a mortgage company if they know of such a program.
    We have a VA loan for our house, which is awesome, but we got it because my husband was in the military when we bought our house and qualified for the loan.
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010