So if my 1st labor was tough will the 2nd be too?

I had siactica for the last month of my pregnancy, my epidural only worked on my left side, the baby would not come down, I had a 3rd degree episiotomy and was bleeding really bad. Then I had post partum depression. I want to give my daughter a sibling but...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Health

• No the second doesn't have to hurt. My chiropractor specializes in helping pregnant women. Talk to your OB about it and see if they approve a chiropractor or massage therapist helping relieve your sciatica during the next pregnancy.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Never judge your second delivary by your second.
    With my son (first child) I was in labor for 12 hours. He got stuck and he was jammed in there soo bad they couldn't get the internal contraction monitor stick thing in past his big ol' head.

My daughter I was in labor for eight hours. She didn't get stuck. She came out super easy.

Each pregnancy is different, each delivary is different. Talk with your OB and see what can be done to prevent as many complications as possible. Then do all the recommended excersises to strengthen your vaginal muscles to prevent tearing. Keagles, squats, pilates, yoga, etc. There are ways to pervent complications. Yes, not everything can be planned for, but there are ways to make the process a lot easier.

All the best to you!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Wow, My first labor/delivery was SO easy compared to what it could have been. I am hoping for a repeat for sure!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• you can start supplementing your diet with fish oil and/ or udo's oil for better skin health to hopefully avoid tears. once you get pregnant or even now, you can massage your skin with olive oil to improve elasticity. eat foods with good fats, fish, nuts and avocados.
    you can start seeing a chiropractor now or wait until you are pregnant to avoid sciatica again. you can also start doing doing yoga now, and get very familiar with your body so you can deal with sciatica better in the future. i am a big fan of chiropractic : )
    you can read up on different laboring positions for your future deliveries.
    my last delivery, my water didn't break until right before the birth, and she really didn't come down until the water broke. she was posterior and most positions were painful, except for standing and squatting.
    i don't have any experience with ppd, but i do believe that sunshine and a good diet will not hur
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• so what i am saying is that your next birth could be a walk in the park : )
    congratulations on the baby you have, and good luck with any future babies!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• omg we are labor twins...except add passing out and having seizures from blood loss..i got two units of blood in a transfusion....i was scared to have another one too,my son is 3 next month and we started trying about a week ago for baby number 2! im just gonna make sure i find a ob that will listen to me and realize that i know my body as the last one was awsome but told me my baby was gonna be about 7 pounds and he came out 9 pounds 8 ounces! thats what caused all the problems!
    davids--mommy

Answer by davids--mommy at 1:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2010