Is it normal for sex to hurt during pregnancy?

I'm 5 mos pregnant and doing my best to continue a sexual relationship with my husband but it hurts EVERY time we have sex right now. I feel like I'm a beginner again, and not enjoying it AT ALL!

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I WOULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR. IF IT HURTS I WOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX.
    Anonymous

• If it hurts, don't do it. And definitely talk to your OB about it. Never be embarrassed to ask your OB about stuff like this.
    Anonymous

• OBGYN!!! Sounds like me except I was like that till I was about 3 months pregnant then it started to feel much better when the 2nd trimester came along. but as we all said.... if it hurts that bad.. don't do it.. and be sure to mention it to the doctor. Only he/she can figure out the issue
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We had the same issue as well.. I was just really super sensitive down there & was dryer than usual during sex so that made it worse.. I never brought it up to the Dr though... About 6-7mo pregnant we just stopped trying :( which sucked since we had always used protection before & was loving the though of "no worries"... GRRR!! Get a breat & cant even enjoy it!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem at around the same time. When I asked my doctor she said that it just happens sometimes, that it's usually because your cervix is lower than normal and it's getting hit more than usual which in turn is making it painful. Try a different position, one where he's less likely to hit your cervix. For me it did eventually go away when I was around 7 months I think? Try new positions, and see if that helps.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I am 8.5 months pregnant and it hurts for me too, don't feel bad, you are definitely not alone. It feels (TMI) too tight now. :( But mine is far from too dry.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2010