What do you think of

a group of people who would execute a spy? The Taliban, the same group who wants Sharia law (Islamic law) all through the world recently (this week) executed a suspected spy. Not such a big deal, you say? Well, this particular "spy" was a child of 7. He was hanged. I think that this is atrocious, and that this particular system of laws has no place in this world. I want to know if those who are supportive of anything Muslim in this country are still supportive, knowing that the leaders of this religion would execute a 7 year old child as a spy?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/06/10/2010-06-10_taliban_hang_7yearold_boy_accused_of_being_a_spy_suicide_bomber_kills_40_at_afgh.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I repeat, the Taliban are not the "leaders" of the religion. Why is that so hard to understand?

That simple fact is not hard to understand. But, why do you have so much trouble understanding Sharia law is very much a part of Islam? Do you have any clue how many ignorant young American women marry Muslims in college and then realize they have just submitted themselves to Sharia law? Do some research on it. QUIT BEING IGNORANT!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Anonymous

• I certainly am supportive of someone religious views and their right to express them. The TALIBAN did it NOT MUSLIMS!!!! Can you people learn the difference between the two!!! Do you support the Catholic church? If yes than how can you when some priests molested a whole bunch of boys?

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Oh, so it's ok when the American military is killing innocent children but you're getting pissy now?

The Taliban are extremists. They give the rest of the Muslim world a bad name.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• The Taliban, the same group who..... knowing that the leaders of this religion would....

You do know that the Taliban are not the "leaders" of Islam....right?

Yes, it's horrible that a child was hanged as a spy, but to pretend that all Muslims are responsible for this atrocious act is just illogical.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• SaraP....we do not want or need your anti-military crap here...K?
    Anonymous

• No worse than Americans allowing the execution of millions of innocent unborn children!
    Anonymous

• Political Correctness will be the downfall of America.
    Anonymous

• It's the exact same principal.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OP here~~

The Taliban are still Muslim, are they not? They are the ones who want that religion everywhere. And they will obviously kill to get it there.

And for the record, I do not approve of the way the Catholic church has handled the pedophile priests. I don't approve of a man who is not allowed to be married, and thus to have sex, be the one that I should turn to for advice in these two areas of my life. A priest, to a Catholic, is the one to advise a couple before and during that couple's marriage. I do not understand how someone with no experience can advise another on something. And in my opinion, that has a lot to do with why those priests did what they did, and why I could never be a Catholic.

Not all Muslims would do this, I realize, however, it is hard to be supportive of a religion with leaders that would even think of going to these lengths to spread that religion in the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2010