I see the word"BUMP" in replies, what does it mean?

gramama4

Asked by gramama4 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Hey, bump is basically giving the post a kick in the pants. Not letting it go to the ever after posts, keeping it alive. When someone posts bump,,it keeps the post around for longer!
    Anonymous

• it means someone wants to keep the question (or post or whatever) at the top of the list but if its in answers it doesnt work only in the group posts.
    Anonymous

• B=Bump
    U= Up
    M= My
    P= Post

Bump up my post. As in bump it to the top of the list of posts so it doesn't get buried and forgotten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Thanks ladies! That was encouraging...thought it was something negative.
    gramama4

Answer by gramama4 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Someone once went all berserk on me because I bumped her post, She thought I was being mean.

It is also a good way to mark a post or a journal to come back to later using the my replies link for groups and the my comments link for journals.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2010