Do I have an ectopic preganncy? Did I miscarry?

Please help! I had my son 17 months ago by c-section, and have had irregular and rough periods since. I am currently 4 weeks late for my period. I have been to the doctor for examination, and blood work. I wont know my results till Wednesday. I truly feel like I am pregnant; I am very nauseous, and have the pain of stretching tendons in my abdomen. All UA test have shown negative for pregnancy. Could I have an ectopic pregnancy? Could I have been pregnant and miscarried? My husband and I are scared and no doctors can figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help! Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could have an etopic pregnany but chances are you would know it by now because you would either be in LOADS of pain or dead from a ruptured tube.

You may have miscarried and eventually the pregnancy will come out.

OR you may simply not have enough HCG in your system to detect on an HPT. Blood work will be more accurate. Just try to relax and wait for your test results.

If you get sholder pain or if your abdomen gets VERY tender or you start spotting or you develop a fever go to the ER ASAP. These are all signs of a etopic pregnancy which is extremely dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• An etopic pregnancy still shows as a pregnancy on tests. That is why so many people don't know their pregnancy is etopic. If you are not having any pain then I wouldn't be flipping out. Trust me youw ould know if you had something wrong like that. If you had miscarried completely you would know. I say stop stressing out and worrying yourself.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• "An ectopic pregnancy still shows as a pregnancy on tests"

This is true. It really doesnt sound like your having an ectopic pregnancy. Ive had one and I had horrible back/stomach pain and bleeding. Why dont they give you an ultrasound?
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My insurance wont cover an ultra sound unless pregnancy is confirmed. Thank you guys for your input. I have been having some pretty bad abdominal pain, but I also have had pain on and off since my c-section 17 months ago. I guess I'll play the waiting game. :(
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 6:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010