ups and downs

things with dh go wonderful for a month or two then go down hill and then back to wonderful again

he drinks everyweekend on the bad months
runs to the bars and sometime dont come home until the next day
now i discover that he watches porn hiding it from me which wouldnt bother me if we watched together i dont get how hes wonderful for a couple of months then does this stuff then back to wonderful

we have a 2yr old together and have been together 6yrs this started about a yr ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I WOULD LEAVE HIM. I THINK YOU DESERVE BETTER. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THAT. "HUGS"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• thank you he actually recently told me he wanted a divorce the last time he was drinking for 2days straight and i said fine and i was going to take my 2yr old and leave but he begged me to stay and hes been wonderful for about 3 months until i walked in the door tonight after taking our son to his moms b/c dh didnt want to go to find out he was watching something with a bunch of naked woman and bikes i know he feels bad and i could tell he was trying to make me feel better but im super pissed b/c our son seen it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• WHEN THEY DO THINGS LIKE THAT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD, THAT IS THERE WAY OF TRYING TO MAKE YOU STAY. YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH. IF YOU DO LEAVE HIM, IT WILL BE HARD PUT DEEP DOWN IN SIDE I THINK YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. MY DAD LEFT MY MOM WHEN MY SISTER AND I WERE 1 AND 2 YEARS OF AGE. WE MOVED IN WITH MY GRANDMA. I HOPE THAT YOU CAN GET A GOOD SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR YOU AND YOUR SON. LIKE MY MOM USED TO TELL MY SISTER AND I IT WAS NOT EASY BUT SHE DID IT. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i dealt with that with my kids' dad, but it got worse, drinking on weekends and porn, to not coming home for days at a time, drugs, and hookers...he needs help for his drinking, and if not, i would leave.
    Anonymous

• His behavior is a way to manipulate you. I can almost bet that his true self is the one that comes out when times are bad, and then he only acts "good" to keep you around. When he is comfortable with things again, it goes back to bad. When you are fed up it goes back to good. See the pattern? It's no way to live your life and you won't be able to change him. The only thing we have control of in life is ourselves. Change your life and make it better. Personally, if my husband ever went to a bar and started drinking and didin't come home until the next day - he wouldn't have a home to come to. Good look and stay strong.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010