my mom is driving me insane!!!!!!

OK i have seperated from my husband, and she offered to take me and my kids in. My goal is to find a place as soon as I get on my feet, and dadada....well it has been 3 weeks, and she yells at my kids, and makes fun of them. Favors one over the other, and is always on the other one negativley. Well she tells me that If they dont take a nap, that I need to find another sitter, bc she doesnt want to take care of them bc they are a hand full. THEN.....I got put in the hospital with bronchitus...I was on breathing treatments, and oxygen., Guess what it was bc she smoke so much in the house. The doctor said for her not to smoke around me, and she said no. It is her house and that she is not going to change anything for me and my kids, I feel like she doesnt care enough about us. I used to live 80 miles away, and she wanted us here so bad, now all she does is complain, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• U BETTER HURRY AND FIND A PLACE OR SOME WHERE ELSE TO STAY OR U BE BACK IN THE HOSPITAL OR THE KIDS ! U OR THE KIDS DONT NEED TO BE AROUND 2ND HAND SMOCK ! ITS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU. RIGHT NOW YOU NEED SUPPORT NOT RUDE COMMENTS. ALL YOU CAN DO IS TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. IS THERE SOME WHERE ELSE MAYBE YOU CAN STAY? WELL TRY TO GET OUT ASAP. I KNOW EASIER SAID THEN DONE. I WISH YOU WILL!! "HUGS"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• im sorry that u are going threw this shes the one that offered u a place to stay and she should favor one child over the other or even smoke around u i smoke but i always ask ppl im around if it will bother them and if it does i will go outside
    but it is your moms house and she can do what she wants you really need to find somewhere else to live (sisters) or somewhere this could make you and your mom have a awful relationship and never be on good terms again sorry again "HUGS" i hope things get better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• thanks, no I have no siblings. Actually I have no family or friends here, I just moved here and dont know the town that well. I am working, and I have met a couple of girls, but no one that is gonna help me ya know. I am almost thinking about moving back to where I came from, But idk,,,,,its really hard right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'd be applying for any help I could get to get me out of that house faster... and if she treats the kids that badly, I don't think I'd be using her for a babysitter, but I realize sometimes money is really really tight and she hopefully isn't charging you.
    My guess is, she's stressed out with all of a sudden being around little kids 24/7. It's hard when it's an adult/couple that move in with you, but kids are a whole other thing.. I'd go insane I think. I'm used to MY kids and sometimes they get on my nerves.
    If she flat out told the dr that she's not going to stop smoking around you, the only thing you can do would be to get a really great air purifier (they're expensive but well worth the money, I got two refurbished ones for $200 each that work wonders Oreck)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• This is like deja vu to me. I went through this even with the smoking making me sick and she refused to stop! Unfortunately for me I called my x and he helped me get the money to get out but along with that he came back. How much longer before you can save up to get out? Have you tried govt housing?

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i understand what you are going through,i've lived with my mother all my life and i have a four year old daughter and my mother is GRRRRR!!!! but the job i have is not paying enough for me to move and i don't drive so GRR!!! again,but you do need to leave hun , try to find a good place ,save up , if you can because this economy is kicking everyones ass and taking money out of everyone's pockets
    Tanya19

Answer by Tanya19 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• ur mom sounds like a pain to live with (sorry) that being said I could NOT live w my mom for all the money in thee world she would drive me insane she's a control freak! If I was in your situation I would talk to ur pastor or church find out if they can help you out if you don't do church try government housing I know it's not always easy to get cuz you do have to be on a long long waiting list but that's the first things I would try. I would find a friend or someone who could watch my kids while I worked maybe try a second job with avon online or something use that money for a place it may take a while but something will come up until this grin bear it and stay to yourself. talk to your mom about how she's treating your kids there are low income apts as well you might wanna look into gl
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2010