I feel like a terrible mother today. Anyone else have these days?

I don't have these days often but today was one of them. My DDs got on my last nerve! All day. I got to the point that I just wanted to close my door and put my head phones in and turn up the music. I wanted them AWAY. I feel a terrible for feeling this way but it was just one thing after another. My 9 mo kept pulling on the bottom of my dress all day and wouldn't let me go more than 2 steps with out her so cleaning took way longer than it should have. My 3yr threw a fit about everything and wouldn't take a nap. Just laid in her bed huffing and puffing. Then when DH got home they calmed down for a couple hours long enough for me to finish up my cleaning. Then my 9 mo wanted only me and cried hystarically when my hubby had her or she was down. After finally getting them to bed I sat down to watch a show. Went to bed an hour after them and than my 3 yr old came in saying she can't sleep in her bed she needed to sleep in mine...

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 1:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My children are 18 months apart. I understand. We all have our "I'm going to go crazy" moments. Don't worry, you're not a bad mom. You just need a break once in awhile! We all do.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• continued: So I told her go back to bed and my hubby told her she could come sleep with us. She laid between us and as soon as I started falling asleep she started kicking me in the back. So I tried to move her into her bed and she started crying. So here I am up and she is sleeping in my spot! Arg! I just wanted to go to bed! I just wanted some time to MYSELF!!!!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yes. I have a 5 and 4 year old. My 4 year old refuses to sleep in her bed - even though the year and a half before this past October she was fine sleeping in her bed so now she falls alseep in my bed and then I move her to her bed. My 5 year old has a cold so she's been miserable which I haven't really gotten angry at because I'm miserable when I have a fever too. Then my ex wanted to start with me because he was suppose to have the kids this weekend but I told him how 5 year old DD was feeling sick the last couple days and asked why he always gets the kids when one of them is sick and I said if he took them as often as he's supposed to it wouldn't seem like they're always sick and he hung up on me. Earlier today my 4 year old just wouldn't quit it. She was running her mouth, throwing things, knocking things over, and just being a brat in general. I was near tears when SO got home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• no, you aren't the only one that has felt this way. I've had my days too. Although today I'm more aggravated at everything else in the world. lol. I woke up after having a terrible nightmare about my DD. SO I was afraid to let her out of my site for the first 5 hours of the day. When I finally convinced myself it was a dream, dd was alright. (in the dream we went away on vacation for 3 days and had dd stay with a sitter. We came back and sitter was gone and DD and sitters 6 year old were locked in the closet. Neither had had any food or water since we left, and we had to take DD to hospital, etc etc, anyways, horrible dream). I guess my hormones are extremely messed up today. I'm 3 months pregnant, I just graduated from college, am waiting for papers so I can look for a job, I just found out I may have cancer and have to go in for testing the 25th, and SO is SOO not being support or helpful lately.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I have a job now, however it covers necessities. SO JUST lost his job earlier this week, and his other job only pays bi=yearly. We were looking for a place, before all this, now I have NO idea what we are going to do about that. It's just been a really really crappy week.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• today was that day for me too! but iam having some serious PMS I actually had to put him in his room to keep from killing him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• THAT'S MOTHERHOOD!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We all have bad days but it isn't because we are "terrible Moms". It is because kids are basically selfish and insensitive. Would any of us deliberately kick someone in the back? Would we cry when we don't get our way? I would hope not. No,because we are adults and we have learned to be good to people....I hope. LOL.
    Just show your kids that YOU are boss but that you do love them. Do not give in to the crying trick....it is manipulation at its worst. :-) My kids always slept in their own beds . Be the boss, not your kids' friends. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010