is 5 really that bad?

i have 4 kids, and yes i want more! is 5 really bad? everyone keeps telling me im crazy and i need to stop but im not asking anyone for help- i dont ask for money, food, or clothes for my kids! my husband and i do just fine on our own so who cares if we want to have more? am i wrong?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I want at least five kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• if you can support them go for it
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• For ME? Yes. For you? Probably not.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• after 4 and you can support them why not? not that big of an adjustment! I have 4 kids and if my husband were more of an outgoing dad and we had more money I would have 4 more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Honestly, I think it depends on why you want another child - some people want kids for very bad reasons (save a marriage on the rocks, to trap a guy into marrying them, because they want someone to love them, etc...) In my opinion, those aren't good reasons to have kids, but that's me. I'm NOT saying that's why you have the kids you do, or why you want another. I'm just saying in general. I would say that whether you were talking your 5th child or your 1st child.

Are you providing for your children's physical, emotional, mental, and (if you so believe) spiritual well being? Do your kids have a safe and loving home? Do you have kids for healthy reasons (as opposed to the unhealthy reasons I mentioned above)? If so, then honestly, it's nobody's business how many you have - and sadly - even if your ("your" being generic anyone) reasons aren't healthy ones, it's still nobody's business.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My mom had 5 kids it was hard but we made it out ok...i think LOL
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• If you can financially support them go for it !!
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 6:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• By the time you have that many it doesn't make all that much difference having more. You have all the stuff already, the older ones are more independent and able to help out around the house. It's not like you have any time to yourself that you're going to miss ;-)
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• to each her own, but I kind of have a weird theory. I feel like a couple should only have two kids. theres the mother and father, they will die, then they have their two kids to take their place in the world. not making the world any bigger, but not making it smaller. Just keeping my footprint the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You aren't wrong for wanting it if thats what you want..but for me I couldnt handle it. I have a 2 and a half year and right now couldnt bare the thought of interrupting lour relationship with another child. I think one-on-one time is really important and with 5 kids I would find it very hard to give each one the time they needed from me.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2010