is there anyway for me to boost my immune system?

i was diagnosed with hpv last month and i'm soo scared , the doctor has called me last week but i missed her call, the call with my results after the biopsy,when i called and left her a message she never call me back,is there anyway i could boost my immune system i hear it's one way to cure the body of hpv

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Health

• Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Adequate sleep; lots of water, and echineacea will all help build the immune system. I had been resisting supplementing with probiotics until I read this: With all the hype about the upcoming flu epidemic, and the pros and cons of vaccination, how can we protect our children and ourselves? According to the results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled study reported in the August issue of PEDIATRICS, probiotics may be useful to prevent cold and influenza-like symptoms in children. Read the rest of the article here: http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/707328

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Probiotics, vitamins, healthy foods, rest, exercise. Both vitamin C and coconut oil are natural antivirals and can be safely taken in large quantities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• vitamins and B12!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It's a virus. It will always be with you but the consequences of the virus vary. There is no way to "boost" your immune system. Your immune system is like a gas tank, it can only get full, it can't get "extra" full. There is no evidence that certain vitamins in high dosages will help you do anything but pee out those vitamins. Just eat right, take a multi and really try to relax. Stress can dampen your immune response.
    I've had several abnormal paps. They are very scary at first but they are rarely anything to freak about. Just yesterday I had cryo-treatment on my cervix because I had extreme dysplasia. The cryo treatment basically kills those cells. The doctor is just going to keep an eye on it. If I continue to have this problem I can try another treatment or get my cervix removed.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2010