I have had brown discharge and blackish blood clots, can this be normal?

I am approx seven weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended up in miscarriage at six weeks earlier this year.

At five weeks gestation, I did have a normal ultrasound. Nothing looked abnormal at that time.

Last week I had mild cramping where I felt as if I were to get my period at any time and had just some light brown discharge. I have not had any cramping in the past few days, and the brown discharge has decreased drastically. During this time I did pass two small blackish blood clots three days apart.

My breasts are still sore and I do continue to have mild morning sickness. Should I be concerned by the two clots?

I do know that during my miscarriage I had bright red bleeding and it was heavy. This is not even comparable.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• that sounds like old blood...possibly blood that was still there from the miscarriage. I would check with the dr just to make sure
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• go to the dr. that isn't normal. go see a dr. don't go by what cm members tell u, they aren't dr.'s.
    mexicu

Answer by mexicu at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I had some brown discharge from old clots and my doctor told me it can be normal for some women. I think it was something to do with the implantation. I would ask your doctor but I wouldn't be upset about it.
    Anonymous

• My first instinct is ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.. I have had 4 of them. This was my 1st sign. I do not want to frighten you...but please call the ob as soon as possible ..this conditon can be life threatening if left unchecked.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Well I do have a normal uterine pregnancy as I mentioned above as I do have week five ultrasound results so this does remove the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. I do agree though, if I were to have these symptoms without knowing for sure I did not have a normal uterine pregnancy, the black blood clots would have caused me to rush to the ER to check for such a pregnancy.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Me and my sister both had bleeding and blood clots that came out in the beginning. It happened to me around 8 weeks along. Both our babies are doing just fine now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2008