overprotective mother here!!! should i be worried?????

ok so my son matthew is 5 months old. and he goes through soo many bottles during the day and evening and today he has drank a total of 9 ounces and thats from 10am-10pm hes asleep. i also gave him jar baby food applesauce he had 6 spoon fulls of that. i dont know if i should be worried or not. my 5 yr old daughter never did this. i freak out over the littlest things. im on anxiety medication lol. so should i be worried?

ps. i was going to call his doc tommorrow morning if its something i should be concerned about.

AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Asked by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its probbly his gums just aching so thats why uts hard for him to drink...well more like painful.So i dont think you have much to worry about BUT since im no Dr. if i were you id call and ask him tommorow just so you get a peace of mind
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• never did what?? what are you worried about?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Call your doctor. Keep an eye out for any temperature or teething. IDK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• he is teething. but he usually eats alot and i meant to say that my daughter never did what my son is doing right now not taking much from the bottle.
    AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Answer by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• ok i'm confused on what u are worried about?!! is it that he ate alot? how many ounces does he drink for each bottle? everyone, even babies, have their hungrier days. my own kids never loved their bottles n formula. they ate so little each feeding and there was that once in a blue moon they drank double their amount! i never worried over it, in fact i was excited! and even if it became a usual thing, it means they are growing and need to eat more. 9 ounces in 1 day for a 5 month old is no where near overeating! that doesnt sound like "sooo" many bottles in a day! 4 bottles with 2oz each is 8oz total. my 5 month old was drinking 3oz and about 4 bottles a day. and she was drinking very little IMO. I think u need to relax and if u worry, just call the pediatrician so they can give u peace of mind. But really, take the advice here and be happy ur baby is eating and not eating.
    NathansMommy218

Answer by NathansMommy218 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010