14yo Mexican boy shot by border patrol

do you think this shooting is the effect from the escalation of attention the Fox news channel (and its loyal fanbase) have perpetuated these past years in their quest for high ratings (=profit) by ratcheting the sentiments of some extremists (no diff than when discussing abortion/affirmative action/christianity), thereby creating a consensus of the masses under the same umbrella one by one by fanning the flames of these extreme topics daily? It's my guess that this is not something that happened much in the past. And all I can say is this can only increase distrust and lack of respect which is exactly how the the flame fanning began. Toxic behavior begets toxic behavior, don't you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yup which is why I don't watch fox news. their level of anxiety is enough to make me wanna send em all an industrial size bottle of midol & valium. some of the show hosts on there I'd like to send some concrete booties in just their size-Glen Beck!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Huh? So you think that that the border patrol agent shot the 15-year old kid because of Fox News? Please get your head out of your ass. The young man was a thug, allegedly involved in human-smuggling and when shot, was pelting the officer with stones and bricks. This officer is a 10-year veteran with an exemplary record who will likely suffer trauma from having to shoot somebody for the rest of his life. And you're here, hysterically ranting something about Fox News? WTH is wrong with some of you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• 726, get your head out of your ass. How you dumba..... like to SPIN shit. You act as if there is no TRUTH to what I said. Listen to you support FOX news, off all damn things. What they do is disgusting.

Especially, how dare you not have any regard for a poor kid, trying to cross the border and throwing some friggin rocks. AS IF, THIS IS OKAY. How old are you? Do you have children? How entitled do you honestly think you are in this yet unreconciled land of ours? Use you your own God given mind rather than following the herd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Is there an award for the stupidest question on CM?

If we get a vote I would vote on this one.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'm surprised you did not blame it on Bush.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• If you paid more attention OP you would know that Fox news is not the only news channel that has made a big deal about the illegal immigration issues. CNN has too just as much and they are just as much for doing something to fix it. They may not agree with AZ's policy but they still have said something needs done. A 15 year old who was throwing rocks at FEDERAL AGENTS from our country deserves our regard now? HE was assaulting people. He deserves nothing. Also yes this has happened many times in the past it is just the fact that everyone is so big on the borders right now that there is such an outcry. Seriously you need to look at the fact that we can barely take care of our own in the US. If it was opposite and we were in Mexico illegally they wouldn't have thought twice about doing us harm.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I don't think Fox has anything to do with it. Trigger happy cops / Border Patrol officer who used his gun because he was pissed the boy ran.....This is a trend, TASERS are being used as well as a replacement for actually CATCHING the person...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Wow, I didn't see or hear this on Fox news, mostly because I didn't watch it or listen to it there. I did however hear it on the radio and what was also reported at the same time was alarming. he was shot on our side of the border. While FBI agents and other homicide agents were trying to investigate the death of this teenager, Mexican "officials" lined up on the other side of the border and were pointing guns at our officers and FBI agents. They had to leave the area. Something tells me that the idiots on the other side of the border don't want this death investigated. maybe this kid was a mule and they don't want the drugs found. Who the heck knows. But to try to tie Fox news in to this is asinine. Talk about hyperbole. You are just mad and lashing out at everyone you happen to disagree with. Fox news commentators are no different than those you find on any of the other supposed news channels.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• ummmmmm.....yeah..he was SO innocent and that EVIL border agent ** eyes**

The 15-year-old Mexican youth who was shot and killed by a Border Patrol agent had a history of involvement with human smuggling and was on a list of repeat juvenile offenders, U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Mark Qualia told CNN Thursday.The victim, Sergio Adrian Hernandez Guereca, had been apprehended by U.S. officials on more than one occassion but was never criminally charged, Qualia said. The use of juveniles to smuggle people across the border is a common tactic for smugglers, he said.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• and HERE is a LINK... http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/10/texas.border.patrol.shooting/index.html?hpt=T3

You happen to have one of those to PROVE what you are saying...or is this all opinion based bashing of a news station who doesnt kiss lib butt? :)
    momof030404