OMG my pets are worse than my 2yr old!!

OMG my pets are really getting on my last nerve!!!
i know they are senior pets, my dog is 14 and my cat is 13
BUT give me a break!!!!!
my dog might be a bit senile and she just walks around in circles and we have no carpeting and her nails clicking and clicking!! but she still has so much life left as really is a sweety!!!
and my cat cant be any more in my lap !!! every night on the the couch he has to be right on top of me... and flicks his tail at me like he is the one pissed off!!! he truly is the best cat i have ever owned!! like we were a part of each other in another life!!!
BUT give me some peace and quiet some times and let me have my own lap!!

i just want to enjoy this evening my DD is asleep :) my DH is out :) i have the house to myself i can do whatever i want watch whatever i want!!! aarrgghh!!! LOL

sounds like a silly vent LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Aw. It sounds as though you have really nice furry family members. For the cat, try reclining sideways on the couch- no lap! LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• everybody needs some truely alone time every now & again. Put the dog outside or in one of the bedrooms w/ the cat & shut the door. make sure they have water & something to play w/. Enjoy the peace & quiet & the not having someone or something wanting your attention!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I have a cat that is very needy too. He likes to get on the back of my couch and sit on my neck and hit me in the face with his tail. If I ignore him he starts hitting me with his head. Or he comes and sits on my laptop. He is the most affectionate cat I have ever owned though.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I understand the clicking of nails! lol. Take her in and get the vets to cut them down short so they aren't hitting the floor. It's better for her walking too and being an older dog it will make her more comfy. Is she walking in circles like she's stressed? Or is it just walking in general that you hear all the clicking? lol. If its the first, I'd take her into the vet just to be sure everything is ok.
    As for the cat, just kick her off! lol. After the kids are in bed, then she can come back. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2010