The serpent

Genesis 3 says "Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the Lord God had made" so where does it say he was Satin in the bible? Where can I look for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• opps I mean Satan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• maybe the serpent was a physical incarnation of Satan just to serve the purpose of tricking eve. In some Hindu scripts, they say that Satan will incarnate on earth in different forms. I know Hinduism & Christianity are somewhat different, but it makes sense to me.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Read on
    Then the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, you shall be banned from all the animals and from all the wild creatures; On your belly shall you crawl, and dirt shall you eat all the days of your life. 15 3 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel."

Some Christians believe that this the first prophecy of Christ. You notice the word He, not they will strike at your head. Which is a singular not a plural. Christ struck at Satan's head in the desert, and on the Cross by dying and raising so we could be redeemed. here are verses that you could cross reference. Wis 2, 24; Jn 8, 44; Rv 12, 9; 20,2. I would suggest you read more then just the verses. Read the whole chapter. The verses are just a starting point.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• In Judaism, they do not believe the serpent was Satan. I do not know where Christians get that idea.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• thank you Anon...In reading the scriptures of the OT...it is so clear that Satan was nothing more than an angel from God who was sent out to test Job....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Revelation 12:9
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Revelation was done AFTER Job...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Thank you Riding for the Revelation portion. I did read in 2:9-10 that they refer to Satan and that the Jewish worshiped in their temple and were accused of it being "a place of worship of Satan" however the Jewish version of Satan was an angel of God sent down to test...basically Satan...the accuser in which agrees with what is said in that passage.

Then when I read 12:9 I see that according to Revelation...this so-called demon was defeated and casted down. They also refered to it as "the accuser" Thank you for the clarification delete your answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• No I will not delete my answer. If you want to go theologian we can go there.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'm with RidingPink-She is correct according to Yahweh's word. Blessings..

Anon- Yahweh knows who you are, and what you say, remember that.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010