Why do parents pick their children up from school EARLY?

Some say that doing this ofter can affect students performance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• my mom is a teacher. she hands out the homework the last 10 or 15 min of class... she teaches up until then... if you pull your kid out 30 min early, you are not only disturbing her class so she can write the homework down for the one child, but the kid doesnt have all the information needed for the homework.
    myangelnevaeh

Answer by myangelnevaeh at 12:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• For many reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• judging by your typo your parents must have picked you up early on one too many occasions.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• what do you mean? Like before school is over? I've only done it once & it was for a Dr. Appointment.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I've picked my kids up early on several occasions, if I was already there volunteering or for some other reason and didn't want to come back 1/2 hour later and pick them up after school. I haven't seen any negative effects on their performance. If they were having trouble in school, I probably wouldn't do it, but they are good students and have no problems.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Because we can....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The reasons I picked my son up early this year include, one orthodontist appointment, and one appointment with the dermatologist. I tried to schedule these so that I would not have to, but the hours of both places did not allow that. So, I did pick him up early twice. That being said, I do not believe in picking them up early "just because".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• only for a dr. appt or orthodontist appt. and usually i would schedule for a late appt but his allergy doc you must show up for shots between 8-11 or 1-3 and his orthodontist only sees people on fridays until noon so he is either going to be late or taken out early one
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Usually for a doctor/dentist/orthodontist appointment. Then there was the popular, your kid just split his lip open catching another kid with his face, I think he needs stitches. Why and when I take my kids from school is really only my business and the schools. Straight A students here, so no worries.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Only for dr. and dentist appts, if they were ill, etc. I did take them out for the whole day twice in the last year - we had family trips. They're both on Honor Roll, so I'm not particularly worried.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2010