Making an all purpose cleaner

using vinegar and lemon juice?

I've been trying to google recipes, but all I am comping up with is one part vinegar and one part water. I don't know what that means..

I want to mix vinegar, lemon juice and water in a spray bottle as an all purpose cleaner and would like the actually measurements.

Thanks!

olgabillman07

Asked by olgabillman07 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• One part vinegar to one part water means that you put equal amounts of each together. Whether that means 12 cup of each or 1 full cup of each. Lemon isn't necessary and I believe it will spoil if you don't keep it cold.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• the lemon will not spoil due to the vinegar being a natural preservative, but do 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water then add about 6 drops of lemon for scent and extra abbrasive power! Good luck! :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Thanks JoLee, I forgot about that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yep just fill the squirt bottle half way with water and half with vinegar, you can add a few drops of lemon juice or lemon essential oil to it if you want the scent but it's not necessary
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Here's what I do.....I get a gallon of white vinegar and two lemons. I cut the lemons into wedges & shove them into the bottle of vinegar, then stick it in a cool, dark closet for about a month. When I need to make cleaner, I mix into the spray bottle a 50/50 mix of the lemon-vinegar & water. Smells nice & works great!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Corn startch in water makes window glass crystal clear!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010