What Shampoo/conditioner do you use on your daughter's hair?

My daughter will be two the end of the month. Her hair is pretty long. I have still been just using Aveeno shampoo and body wash. I think its time to switch to actual shampoo but I am not sure.

elizabg

Asked by elizabg at 9:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is her hair fine or thick? I would use a good shampoo like Biolage hydrating and normalizing conditioner,, Just make sure not to use the 2 in 1 stuff,, she will get build up on her hair!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I use the smoothers shampoo but since she also has long hair, I use my pantene conditioner on her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My dd's hair is cut into a medium length bob, and I like for it to be real smooth and strait and I have found that Suave Smooth really makes her hair look good :) Smells nice too!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I use the Suave 2in1 kid's tear free shampoo and conditioner for Kiwi. I also use the Suave kid's tear free untangle spray. I've never had a problem w/buildup and have been using it for her for about 2 years now. Just have to make sure and get it all out.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Her hair is really thick like mine. I had problems with the 2in1s growing up. Never could use it. It made my hair nasty. I didn't know if they had any better ones on the market now.
    elizabg

Answer by elizabg at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I use Garnier Fructus (sp?) on my girls because they play a lot outside and go swimming a lot. It makes their hair soft and managable.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My daughter uses Suave shampoo and Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner. Her hair is VERY thick and curly and it's the only thing that will keep her hair from tangling!

Answer by missanc at 10:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i started using regular shampoo on her about 2 yrs. just whatever i had. right now it's pantene and it makes her hair a lot more manageable. and it's a 2 in 1 so i dont have to worry about rinsing her hair twice.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I use Fairy tales repel shampoo it is a tea-tree shampoo with lavender. It makes their hair nice and soft, and the tea-tree helps prevent head-lice. Which if thy ar going to play dates and such it is just a good idea to prevent it.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We use the suave 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner combo. They make it for "sports" too so swimming etc is taken care of. My girls have thick hair, one short and one long.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010