Does it make you sick sometimes?

I was at the doctor yesterday and there was a young girl there (maybe 16) talking loudly with her friend about being engaged, she is moving in with him, blah blah blah. I really wanted to tell her to get a life and drill into her young head how stupid she is. I'm so sick of seeing these young girls so wrapped up in boys. I think it sickens me because i was the same way. I feel like i need to save them or something, i only wish i could but i know everyone has to live and learn. Does it make other people sick though seeing young girls act like this and hearing them talk the way they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• usually i just shake my head, smile and say "they know nothing". we all were like that. seeing that brings back good and bad memories but we all learned our lessons and they will too (hopefully)

GillyMarie

Answer by GillyMarie at 12:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Have you ever thought young people get sick of listening to older folks raving about what excites them as well? Do you know how many adults don't have a life? Quit judging the girl. Let her learn her lessons. She will grow up quickly. Give her the moment. Reality will get her attention soon enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• She will learn in her own time. Most teens who are boy crazy too young may not have had a close relationship with their father. I'm sure hormones have a lot to do with it too....but, without having a positive loving male role model growing up, a lot of girls end up craving & searching for some kind of love & attention from boys/men.

It's really sad, but it's usually not the teens fault. She will grow up & learn from her mistakes. Some people just end up learning the harder way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It doesn't really make me sick, but just makes me kind of sad I guess. I remember being that age and being so naive and I experienced alot of heartbreak.. or at least what I THOUGHT was heartbreak at the time. But you live and you learn. That's the way it is and the way it will always be!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It scares me because my daughter is almost 14, and yes it does sometimes make me feel sick and sad. I find it very depressing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It depends on their demeanor (how mature they are acting). Because I know I was there and now we have been together 3 years on our own and are doing great.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I was the same way, and looking back I see how stupid it was. I was recently at an apple orchard and there was a boy proposing to his girlfriend...and they were 15, lolol! I heard someone with the girl say their ages. Everyone tried to make a big deal of it and act excited, but you could tell that they were all thinking the same thing. That it was incredibly ridiculous and that there is no way would last. I don't think kids that young realize how much they'll change as they get older. I suppose there are rare exceptions where high school sweethearts last, but they're definitely the minority.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• She will learn in her own time. Most teens who are boy crazy too young may not have had a close relationship with their father. I'm sure hormones have a lot to do with it too....but, without having a positive loving male role model growing up, a lot of girls end up craving & searching for some kind of love & attention from boys/men. "

This can definitely be the case, but with me, I had a wonderful father who was a great role model. I was as boy-crazy as they come too, lol. I guess my reason was that I was just a dreamer and in love with the idea of love. Kind of sickening thinking back on it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• it doesnt make me sick it just breaks my heart! i too want to just reach out to them and shake them and say baby WAKE UP!! but as we all know there is nothing stronger than a teenage girl in love! and the more you push the more they pull away. i just want to be able to use those girls as an example to mine, i want her to see the heartbreak, i want her to watch all the episodes of teen mom wher they're all in love and ooopps i got pregnant and then damn where did my boyfriend go?!? i want her to know that boys lie! and young boys will do anything to get in your pants! and i am gonna give it to her straight like that!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Not all boys lie and not all boys want sex. People need to stop generalizing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2010