Law questions for anyone that has gone through a divorce

My DH has decided he's never really loved me and is wanting a divorce. This came as complete shock to me so I'm sort of numb. I've helped raise his two boys for almost the last 4 yrs, they are now 4 and 5. I'm the one moving out, I've been offered a place on a friends couch, but it's 5 hrs from here.
My problem is my health is not good so I've been unable to work hardly at all. I'm not sure I'll be able to find a job, I've pretty much been a SAHM most of my life and there really isn't anything I can do to support myself. He said that I won't be able to file for alimony since we've not been together for 6 yrs, we've only been married for a little over 2-1/2.
If anyone is a lawyer or has had actual experience with this, I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. I live in the state of Florida, pm me if you want.
Thanks

daisy521

Asked by daisy521 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• http://www.divorcesupport.com/divorce/Florida-Spousal-Support-Maintenance-Alimony-481.html

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2010