Is Johnsons Baby Bubble Bath ok to use on baby girls?

I know they advertise it is safe for baby boys and girls but I am curious if anyone uses it and/or has concerns about it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont use any bubble bath for my son or dd, they can cause infections. And its just not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Thats for sitting in the tub playing,not washing. If your baby wants bubbles,just use shampoo you use on their bodies. Girls can get yeast infections from the perfumes used in bubble baths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Bubble baths are known to cause infections, especially in girls. A bubble bath should be avoided...perhaps once in a while for an older child but not all the time and certainly not for babies.

All that johnson stuff is a chemical coctail of perfumes and additives and whoknowswhat -- lotions, powders, soaps -- horrible.

All you need is water and some perfume free dye free old fashioned soap-- and very little at that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I never use their products on my kids. they contain to many perfumes and chemicals. I always used dove unscented or ivory soap on them. I still do even though they are not babies anymore. I used the aveeno lotions on them as well. but I do use the johnson lotions on myself because I love the smell of them
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The short answer is no. After I'm done nursing the baby, I'll give you the long answer. ;)
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The pediatrician told me ALL liquid soap and bubble products are bad for little girls' privates. He said you should only bathe girls with a bar; he recommends Dove sensitivebar with no perfumes. I used the Johnson's baby bar soap because the Dove burns my little girl's eyes. She won't quit rubbing the soap on her face. She still gets irritated from time to time (the dr said that wouldn't happen with the Dove bar) but at least it doesn't sting her eyes.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't use Johnson's anything.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I also would not use Johnsons brand of ANYTHING. There are harmful chemicals in regular baby products. If you can, pay a little extra and buy a natural brand (not even Aveeno because they still use sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate) like Burts Bees or California Baby. We LOVE California Baby products. That being said, no, according to my pediatrician little girls should not take bubble baths because they can cause things like UTI's and bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis. My DD has had to take showers only for the past few years because she can not have any soaps in that area for any amount of time, just enough for a quick wash and rinse, or she gets vaginosis. Read up on Johnson's brand problems before you use them on your baby, please.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• use it once if she breaks out stop using it
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2010