WTH

With the war going on and young men leaving their wives and children to better serve our country, why...please tell me why, do people think its right to fight with each other. I mean come on this world is such a mess that you would think now would be a good time to come together and join hands and be AMERICANS....but no we want to be petty and jealous and just plain stupid. What can we do to wake everyone up? what can we do to make people realize that every single one of us is working hard to just survive? So why should we be judged or punished for doing what we think is right, while other people half way across the world are giving their lives for people who just don't care.....does it even seem fair that THAT is what those people are fighting for????? Where is the love? Where is the faith? Where is the pride? Where are the hearts and souls of these people? Where is our country?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, the pride is there! I think that's part of the problem....waaay to much pride.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• ..."come together and join hands and be AMERICANS..."

Because no one can agree on what being an American is and most prefer to make people conform to their version, hence the in-fighting. When people allow others to live their lives without trying to impose their political and religious views on others it may happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Amen! I wish seeing this post would change things around here but unfortunately it won't. Thank you for posting it!
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• And the men going to war is not here in America, it is in other countries so they don't give a damn over there about being americans. Secondly this has been going on in countries for years. Oh and what is that man doing, working to provide for his family! Just as much as you are so is he.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You know what if posting this changes one person it was worth the post. I just wanted to get it off my chest. I agree that conforming to religion is what most people want. I wish we could coexist without pressure to be or do what others want or think is right. I wish we could get along and stop fighting period. Send the men home to be with their families. but that will never happen. like someone said it has been going on for years and will continue for years.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry things are going so badly in your life.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Ok. Are you liberal OR conservative? Because one way or another your rant basically means you want everyone to come together and agree with YOU. Thats the problem. Like a PP said everyone's idea of what it means to be American are different. From those that believe the constitution should be followed to the letter to those that believe it's more of a suggestion ;) and all those on the spectrum in between. Here is an EXAMPLE of what I am trying to say. The current administration is screaming that repubs arent working with them. BUT the ONLY thing they will consider is if the full capitulation of those that dont agree withem! They TELL them that either DO IT OUR WAY or we will do it WITHOUT YOU. THAT is NOT working together THAT is expecting everyone to do it YOUR way (note the *you* isnt directed directly at the OP). Both sides are culpable in this behaviour...but it shows why wat you want wont happen.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I know I don't think everyone should agree with me; however I don't see the need for name calling and attacking someone just because they don't.

I also don't understand the incessant divisiveness people seem to want to perpetuate. The constant false e-mails being spread as though they are true are so petty and immature; the ridiculous rumors. The patently false 'quotes'. None of this is necessary.

If you oppose a position the gov't has taken; great; become informed about that issue and and the pros/cons of it and have a valid argument. "Someone sent me an e-mail saying he's a muslim and they're all evil" isn't a valid argument.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• So are you scolding yourself? Cause you are doing the same thing you are telling everyone else not to do! You don't agree with others because they don't agree with you. Everyones vision of America is different. Mine is different than yours, yours maybe different than your grandparents... it goes on and on. This isn't a sport, this isn't a team. It's life, people agree and they disagree. The same two people can do both! Some want a freer America and some want a more regulated America. We will never get one or the other because we are a split nation we are meant to put heads because that puts us in the middle! Its only when one side starts to give up you see the other crossing the line. That goes for right and left.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• as a military wife i find you disturbing! War is not good, but our husbands leave us so yours can sleep at night! NEVER insult the pride of a military family! We are not miserable, we are proud, and you my dear are an extremeist! Never speak to the feelings of someone else! And if you are a military family member, you shame us all!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010