Do you eat a lot of organic foods? If so, why?

I'd like to make the switch to more organic foods, but I'm wondering about some of the benefits. Do you feel better when eating mostly organic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• YES! When I can. I wish I could afford to buy grass fed beef- but right now the expense is just not doable. I grow some of my own veggies- which is the cheapest way to go organic.

I am very blessed that the city I live in has an organic farmer's market every weekend. I am able to get all of my organic produce and free range eggs every week for comprable prices to the grocery store where everything is loaded with chemicals.

When you switch to organic- the food just tastes better. Plus you know you're not putting things like chemical fertilizers and pestacides into your body.

I try to stay away from most prepackaged foods- organic or not.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 12:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I do, but only because i have a garden. Here in GA, we have a wonderful zone climate. We can have gardens during the winter & summer. Of course, during the winter yo uhave to plant colder varieties of veggies, sich as kale, cabbage, certain squashes..etc..

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• well, when you eat organic, you're putting much less chmicals in your body. Everything that is unorganic carries chemicals in their flesh & skin. People say organic tastes better, i think with certain fruits that is true, such as strawberries & bananas.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I do when I can afford it. Eating all organic is very expensive.Its as simple as I want less chemicals in mine and my families bodies.I have never paid attn to do I feel better or not, but many swear by it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I like organic milk! It tastes way better!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We eat only oganic fruits and vegetables, meat, chicken, milk, eggs and I buy mostly oganic snacks, rice and i'm starting to buy the flour to make my own bread.

Yes to me a lot of it tastes better and just knowing that myself and my family are not ingesting toxic chemicals or eating meat here they are pumped full of antibiotics and kept in horrible conditions makes me feel a lot better.

And organic really isn't all that much more expensive. I use coupons for some products and buy a lot from local farmers and grow my own organic vegetables.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I have my own garden, free of pesticides, as do many of my neighbors. I love being able to "trade" food during harvest. I also tend to buy most of my fruits/veggies at the local farmer's markets and freeze/can them for use during the winter.

Food just tastes better, and you're getting more of the important nutrients that are often taken away by pesticides.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010