has any one ever done this

have u ever taken ur kid to the zoo for their birthday. my son is about to be 4 on monday and i am taken him to the zoo. he has been before but i am afraid he might get mad because i am not doing a party is it ok that i dont have a party and has anyone ever do this or something like it

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You know, he's four and whatever you do for him he will think is "normal" birthday celebration. I don't see why he has to have a birthday party. If you want to throw one, then great, but don't feel obligated. You have enough pressures being a mom as it is.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We usually don't have parties for my kids. We always do something like this with them and go home for cake and ice cream.
    Secretive

Answer by Secretive at 11:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• yeah, for my son's actual bday i took cupcakes to his class but for his celebration we just had a small family celebration with dinner and then bowling. I am not about to pay for 20 frickin kids to run wild somewhere. Let him invite a cousin or 1 friend to take along and it will be fun and have cake when you get home
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2010