Should there be an age/weight limit on bikinis or what is your opinion on women wearing bikinis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• IMO so long as your "goods" aren't falling out all over the place I could care less what you wear. No it's not always attractive to see some people in their bathing suits, however if they feel good in it, more power to them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OKay, first of all, I don't think the government could regulate such a thing and if they did, they would be taking away our rights as American Citizens. Even If I didn't want to look at an overweight body in a bikini bathing suit, I would be appalled if such a "rule" existed. It's more the principle of the matter. Secondly, I think it's great if a woman doesn't feel self conscious about her body. As women we have enough pressure to be perfect in every way. Whose to say that isn't beautiful? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people really like that sort of thing.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• To each her own - if i were to regulate anything (which I'm not advocating) it would be men's bikini bottom's eeeew I just don;t need to see that but like I said "To each her/his own"!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• As long as you look good in one age should not matter, not everyone can wear one and look good.

Answer by older at 11:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• if you have enough confidence to wear one more power to you! i'll stick to my shorts and a t shirt
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree with lowencope. I would hate the government being able to regulate what we wear. Also who are we to judge someone based on their looks. I am happy that they feel that good about themselves to go out and wear whatever they want.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I think, as long as you FEEL good in one, you should wear it! It doesn't matter whether your 110 or 310, your opinion of yourself is the ONLY one that matters!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• as long you feel confidant in one. go for it.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I don't like bikinis (had a bad experience loosing my top in one as a pre-teen / pre "full grown" breasts lol). Also, there are some that, personally, I think are inappropriate. BUT - if they want to wear it, that's their business.

To me, I would rather see an older woman, or even a woman that was overweight, in a bikini on a beach than see all the low rise, crack of your butt with your thong hanging out the top (with or without muffin top going on), you bend over to pick something up and anyone standing anywhere near you can't help but notice if you wiped or not last time you pooped sort of look that you see everywhere else. But even then, if that's what they want to wear, it's their business.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• oh - to clarify - I personally don't like bikinis - for me. I don't mind others wearing them - whatever their age or weight.

Though I do have to say, I did know one lady that blew my mind a bit. She had a bunch of really skimpy bikinis, and was in a quandary, because we were both invited to a pool party (that we both wanted to go to, btw) but she was worried - because "there were going to be kids that she knew there, and she was embarrassed to wear her suits around them". Now, she frequently wore these suits to the beach, and to hang out / swim at the pool at her apartment - all places that had kids. I couldn't help but ask her if she felt it was too inappropriate to wear around kids she knew, why did she think it was ok to wear around kids she didn't. (they were thong style suits, with tops to match). She got pretty flustered, but went and got a couple of new suits - also bikinis - to wear in public / around kids.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010