Are there ways to help baby drop? And some TMI

I am alomst 38 weeks and being induced at 39 (Dont bash, I really dont care what you think about inductions, your not my OB)... Well anyways- my doc. tried to strip my membranes and he said she is still too high, but he did the best he could. Well are there any natural ways to help baby drop? I've been walking and having tons of mild contractions/lots of bad cramping and alot of booger like junk coming out. I've been to L&D twice this week due to the contractions/cramping, but they always let up some and I've had no major cervical change in a week. I am 3 cent. on the outside and 0 on the inside (this is my 2nd baby)...

I need some help- I am so ready for her to come! I have been in early labor for 2 weeks now... and nothing--- Any ideas????

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 11:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant with my 5th - 2nd babies and later generally don't drop until much later than 1st babies, if they drop at all before labor starts. Not sure why, but it's what I've read and experienced.

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Baby will drop when ready. You can't make her do it.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• No one is bashing, but, there is a legit reason we say to wait and don't induce...like you said..you and the doctor have tried and nothing is happening. So, that means the baby isn't ready to come out. Beside, you still technically have 3 weeks to go before you are even considered due. That means, your baby has the potential to be a preemie if you force it out early. And yes, I say preemie, because you don't know the exact sec that the sperm met the egg and the egg implanted...which could have been two weeks after you assume it was. You can try sex, where you husband cums inside you, and you can try walking...other than that, there is nothing short of dangerous Pitocin or Cervidil or C-Section gonna make baby comeout early.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'm being induced for health reasons..
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 11:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• That is the only thing gonna start labor if it isn't ready. And if you baby doesn't drop on it's own, nothing will. You can hope it's ready when you induce. Try sex and walking. Just be prepared for a c-section if baby hasn't dropped.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• God decides when the baby is ready! If you want to force things something could go wrong :(
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010