Are there any legitimate work at home jobs?

Could someone please tell me? I have no child care for my daughter nor can i afford it, but i DO need to work. Is there anything out there that I could work from home and actually be something that is not a scam? I really hope so! I'm in desperate need!

NicholeWalls

Asked by NicholeWalls at 11:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• OKay, If you wanted to sell insurance, you would have get a license. In Texas, I was required to pass a test. It's not like two years of school or anything. Prometric.com has info in your state about licencing. LiveOps.com is where you can get more info on being an agent. Alpineaccess.com and westathome.com
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Well, I tell people what I do, but generally I have to have childcare unless I can coordinate with my husband's schedule. I am contracted with LiveOps as a licensed life/health agent. I take calls from home and sell insurance over the phone. I can also get contracted to sell independently and get commissions and residuals for life and health policies that I write for individuals. Insurance can be very good money, but it takes time and effort. LiveOps also hires people to take calls for infomercials. They general pay .25 per talk minute. There are other at home call centers that hire including Alpine Access and West at Home. Also, I'm not suggesting that you do this, but it is an option. There are phone sex operator jobs<----Liveops pays about the same and you don't have to degrade yourself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• LOL thank you for the info. I do not think I'd want to do the phone sex job but I'm deff. interested in taking calls for a company or something in that area. How would I sign up or apply to do something like that?
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 11:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• thank you!
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 11:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

•  

I have lots of ideas on my blog:  Mavi's Home Work

I also have a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They are listed in my Journal here at Cafemom.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I have a huge list of places like Liveops on my website homecareersuccess.com.

If you dont want to deal with trying to find childcare, I have found something that will cost around the same as getting your insurance license, you can become a legal broker from home, kids are welcome in the background :0).

You do need your license, but there is no test, our company provides the training.

DAILY PAY AND BENEFITS.

contact me if you want more information or go to newcareer4me.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home. I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 15 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• there are hundreds of jobs that are free.. if you need help email me i work for a company who finds moms jobs with no charge to them
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Let me know if I can help with questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2010