Any ideas?

I have 3months to plan my daughters 1st bday which is sept 23rd. I need help on themes or where to have it. What did you do for your kids 1st bday? Its hard since this is my 1st baby! So any ideas or advice please feel free to let me know! Thank you mommies!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found first birthday plates and things. They had a bear and some "boy toys" around him and a 1 and they said, "It's The Big 1!".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My son is 1 the 27th. I am struggling also..lol..Cause at this age they dont have a favorite character. I already sent the invites. Which i struggled with cause the stores here were out of everything so he just got toy story ones? lol..It was either that or spongebob...? As for his party decor. Im just going with colors. No theme really.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I just had my kids' party at home, basic color decor and invited family for cake and ice cream. I kept it pretty low key!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We're having my daughter's birthday at a local park. I rented the cheapest picnic shelter and it's during a non-meal time so I plan on just having appetizer type foods and cake. I opted for a park rather than our house because most of the moms I know also have older kids (babies up to 10 years old) and I have NOTHING at our house to entertain older kids. Plus then I don't have to clean as much before and after. The park has an awesome play structure really close to the picnic shelter so it's great for the older kids. I'm probably not doing much of a theme, really. I'm not big on the cutesy cartoon themed stuff, so until she can ask for it, I'm going to avoid it. I'll probably use a nice stripe or dots for the decorations.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2010