Doctors office gave my daughter an EXPIRED VACCINE!

I'm outraged! I got a phone call 2 days ago from the Nurse at my daughter pediatrician's office saying how sorry they were but the shot they gave Olivia was expired and they didn't realize it. All they had to say was SORRY??? I was screaming at them on the phone saying what kind of idiot are you to not look at a date? And all the nurse could say was I'm sorry very COLD LIKE. She gave me her boss's number as well as the contact number for the manufacturer of the vaccine. I called her boss and left avery nasty message and said if this woman was to dumb to check a date (when she gives out vaccines EVERYDAY) then she should lose her job! I called the manufacturer and they said that their shouldn't be any longer term side affects from an expired vaccine but they could not assure me! I was going crazy, crying and thinking I would die if anything was wrong with my baby!. I called another pediatrician and they told me TO BE continued

NicholeWalls

Asked by NicholeWalls at 11:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• These vaccines can be very dangerous. You really ought to get a lawyer ASAP. I thnk any lawyer would take you on for free. My BIL had a bad DPT shot as a baby and it rendered him handicapped for the rest of his life. It's put the family through a lot of trauma. I'm sorry but "sorry" just isn't good enough. This is your daughters life! I'm not trying to scare you or anything. I am praying that your daughter will not be adversely affected by their mistake. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Don't you read the insert and package before allowing the vaccine to be adminstered?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010