CONTINUED Doctors office gave my daughter an EXPIRED VACCINE!

they told me to bring her in to the new doctor ASAP! I brought her right in and her new doctors was also out raged and assured me that does not happen at the new office i took my daughter to. She said most likely Olivia will be okay and not to worry. I took Olivia home and called the Department of Health to report them and I also called a lawyer. The lawyer said if there is nothing worng with my child as of now there is nothing I can do to the doctors office. But I just don't feel this is right! I don't want them getting away with this doing it to other children! What should I do?

NicholeWalls

Asked by NicholeWalls at 11:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be as outraged as you are!! that is completely ridiculous!! It sounds like you've taken the correct steps to make sure your daughter will not be affected and by contacting a lawyer just in case. I think at this point, you have done all you can do. I don't think its right and hopefully this clinic will take your reaction as a step to look at what they have on their shelves more carefully.. Good job on taking care of your baby!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• well, the lawyer is right, unless you can prove your DD was harmed, there is no grounds for a lawsuit

from now on, make them draw the vaccines from the vial in front of you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The lawyer is right, no damage can't sue, you have already done all you can do.

Answer by older at 11:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i think you are being very dramatic. If your daughter was going to have a bad reaction from the vaccine being expired it wouldve already happend. I think they were being nice to even call you.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Dramatic? Really so if ur child had this done would u be mad? Sounds to be that your a bad mother that doesn't care about ur child to me? and no FYI side effects would not take place immediately! She just had the vaccine. I think you need to do some more research before you comment on what you don't know about
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 11:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• no i am a very good mother..just sounds like you are the type that is lawsuit happy and would like to make money off another person instead of earning your own
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really don't see this as being dramatic. I have witness first hand what a bad vaccine can do. It can be detrimental to an entire family. She has reason to be concerned. If her daughter doesn't have a bad reaction that is a blessing, but she does have a reason to be pissed. I would be pissed beyond belief if i were her!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Nothing happened though right? There can't be a lawsuit if nothing is wrong and I have yet to hear one thing about expired vaccines causing damage for life. Your comment calling the other poster a bad mother was way over the top and does not help your cause any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• no, i wouldnt have been as upset as you. I can understand that mistakes can happen and i would want to know what they plan to do about it. shouting demands are not always the way to go
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Actually I'm only 23 and so is my husband we are young and new to the parent experience and have NEVER had sued anyone EVER.. I don't care about money MY HUSBAND IS IN THE MILITARY AND WE DO JUST FINE! this is my daughter! I want them to be punished for a mistake like this. Vaccines are no joke and I was not sure to vaccinate my child from the beginning. I did but now I wish I didn't I think you ARE TAKING THIS TO LIGHTLY
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2010