Christians, prayers, thoughts ideas?

Recently I was promoted. I don't like the promotion as much as I thought I would. The money is a little more but the hours suck. I want this to work out very much. When I got the job I thanked God for making things work out so well. Now, with this promotion, I wonder if this is God's plan or if I should refuse the job. I'm not sure what would happen if I refuse the job as my position has already been filled.

Would you ask God to help me? and will you give me some advice on what you would do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lord, I pray You bless the work of this mother's hands. May her labor bring not only favor, success, and prosperity, but great fulfillment as well. If the work she is doing is not in line with Your perfect will for her life, reveal it to her. Show her what she should do differently and guide her down the right path. Give her strength, faith, and vision for the future. Give her the ability to enjoy her success without striving for more. Help her to excel, but free her from the pressure to do so.

I pray that You be Lord over her work and may she bring You into every aspect of it. Open up doors of opportunity for her that no man can close.

Let her be like a tree planted by the stream of Your living water, which brings fruit in its due time. May she never wither under pressure, but grow strong and prosper (Psalm 1:3)

Amen
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OK I am not Christian, but I do know something of the working world..... Hope you don't mind if I say something here. If your other position has been filled it's likely you will be out of a job if you step down from the promotion. Why not try talking to you boss and tell them that the job is not what you thought it would be. Sometimes a good discussion can go a long way. Your boss may be willing to work it out with you somehow,or have another position in mind that you may be more suited for. It's always worth a try. You can always pray for guidance, but you ultimately have to live with the choice. This got me thinking...isn't there a saying that says "god helps those who help themselves"?? This may help you when you are deciding what to do?? Good luck with this... it's hard sometimes to know what to do when you feel stuck ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• First of course I'm gonna say pray. Ask God to show you His plan in your new position. Secondly - I'm gonna give you a few verses to meditate on -

Prov 3:5-6
    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
    6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Ps. 37:23
    The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step].
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OK, so you prayed to your god asking for this promotion...now you don't want it and you're praying to your god to show you what you should do to take it back? 

Here's your cake: 

muffin

Do you wan to eat it, too? 

Anonymous

• Yes anon21- we can pray to our God and have questions and need clarification... she did ask Christians so nice to see you're willing to come in and bash...

OP - praying with you that you will hear clearly and have clear direction. Trust God, seek God, and you'll know what to do.
    Anonymous

• It is possible that this position will get better. It is possible I got this promotion from God to force me to seek employment else where. It is possible that this promotion will give me a better look at how others go to a job they don't like every day. Anon, I know you were being sarcastic, but it is possible God wants to point out He allows me to eat the cake. I asked for prayers and guidance on what to do. God gives us little lessons every day. I know one lesson he has already taught me is the grass isn't always greener...

wow I guess I did get to eat that cake and He served it with a little extra frosting.
    Anonymous

• Since you are anon, I can't message you, but please come join my Christian mommies group. We really need a place to get together and ask for prayers, offer prayers, share scriptures, etc.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I would trust in Yahweh, blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2010