my neice has MRSA the doc never called to confirm it

we took my neice to the doc with some boil thing on her bottom they had to lance it and took a sample of the pus stuff inside it and said they would call if it was anything well they never called 2 months later we took her back b/c she got another one they go well she does have MRSA they said they called but they never did it makes us so mad b/c now the other kids could have it since we didn't know she had it and wasn't doing the procedures you have to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• yeah my son had one and the doctor said it was a boil too and that it would go away. but it never did he had to have it cut as well and he just keep getting them and they do spread really easy if she gets it again ask for the medicine that u have to put in ur nose i am not sure what it is called but that is the only thing that worked and stoped it from coming back good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• aFter you have been treated for MRSA can you still spread it? Are you always a carrier? My neice had it a few years ago and I was wondering if we are at risk?
    Anonymous

• Why wasn't the mother proactive in calling the Dr. herself? If I don't hear back w/in a few days I will keep bugging the Dr. until I hear something, the squeeky wheel always gets the oil!
    Anonymous

• You should NEVER count on them calling you back. Ask for a time frame and call if they don't. Mistakes are made sometimes.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yeah, why didnt her parents call after a day or two of not hearing anything? I would NEVER wait 2 months or until it worsens to know whats going on with my child!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I am gonna throw this out there, how do you as her aunt know they never called? Is the mom just saying that or did someone else interject the call? You never know maybe they left a message that got erased or forgot about. I never wait when testing is involved. 2 days max then I call myself.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• With MRSA it is better safe than sorry. When there is an active boil, the whole family needs to be putting a prescribed antibiotic ointment up their noses every day. Keep nails cut short. Wash in Hibicleanse, wash all bedding and towels in vingaer along with the normal detergent.

Its highly contagious and is a communicable desise that is fast spreading. It can be very serious. We have dealt with a ton of staph infections (my husband was burned in a fire and then had lots of MRSA infections).
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2010