picked up weight in pregnancy

im 27 weeks pregnant. some people say its not ok to pick up alot of weight during pregnancy. but some people say its not a big deal.
last night my DH was moving his study desk from a room on 1st floor to the basement. its not those heavy study desks, but its not light as a feather either ! lol
anyways he told me he'll manage alone, but the thing was so big that i felt sorry for him and gave him a hand.
im not in my first trimester (which is the most crucial) so there's nothing to worry about right ? im feeling slight cramps in my lower abdomen, i dont know they are normal pregnancy cramps or because of picking up the weight. should i call my doctor or am i just getting paranoid and forget about it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told to take it easy when lifting during my entire pregnancy with my son.

This time I supposed to limit my lifting even more but after two consecutive miscarriages prior to this and a number of bleeding incidents my doctor is monitoring me rather closely and wants to be on the extra safe side.

Chances are the lifting did in fact cause the cramping. Most likely the best thing to do now is relax in a chair or on a couch today making sure to stay hydrated. Also I would avoid sex until you have been cramp free for at least 24hrs. Be careful when lifting from now on out. :o)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yes it can be dangerous and the cause of the cramps. My mother did heavy lifting when she was 5 months pregnant with my older brother....a few days later he was born stillborn. It really is best to listen to advice and take it easy.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Well I would not do this, b/c its better safe than sorry. I mean, what if something did happen, then you would regret this one action forever!

Hindsight is 20/20!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• why risk it?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010