Do you CHUG your drinks w/LO's around? coffee, juice, etc. LOL

I have found that ever since my son could walk, reach, and grab things, that a leisurely cup of coffee has been non-existent. Is it just me? Last year I reverted to drinking coffee from a sippy cup so that it wouldn't be poured out in the floor!

(This idea was also a solution to my sister's patients (nursing home) who wanted hot coffee but whose hands shook too much to chance it.) :)

I love being a mommy! Do you have similar experiences?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 11:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes i have to. Even with food. I use to be the slowest eater, it would take me at least 20 mins to eat a cheese burger. Now haha I don't even remember seeing the burger.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• For a long time, if I didn't drink it before they woke up I either chugged it or dumped it out. Recently I bought some plastic cups with handles at the zoo, so now they have their very own "coppee cups" for milk, which looks similar to my coffee because I use cream!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I started chugging the coffee after she was born. Not so much because she would try to grab it, but if I didn't chug it, it didn't get drunk and got cold. Too much running around, brain all jumbled, got distracted. Now, she's five and it's a lot better.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I just tell my kids they can't have it. Chugging coffee is very uncomfortalbe. Not to mention all the bathroom time that would shortly follow.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• They have to learn not t touch! I refuse to change my home to avoid mishap, they will never learn w/ot experience. But that is cute!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• all the time becuse if my daughter sees me with a drink she wants.. the good part is for that reason i drink alot more water now.
    staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Kiwi-glad to know there's hope for hot coffee again, LOL
    lowencope-You are assuming the coffee's hot, but it's ICE COLD because I'm too busy to sit, but the bathroom scenario made me laugh, LOL
    mrsbean08-I almost spit (cold) coffee reading your answer. Yes, I rarely realize that I eat anymore. LOL!
    Jo Lee-first trip to the ER will change all that, but good luck! ;) (I used to say the same thing.....but, not anymore!)
    staceybear-at least DS doesn't LIKE coffee yet. :)
    TweenandTwin-love the "coppee cup" story! :)
    doodlebopfan

Comment by doodlebopfan (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010