bed wetting

I have a 9 yr old daughter that is still wetting the bed....she does it every single night. About 3-4 years ago we went through the same thing...then all of a sudden it stopped. We thought it had something to do with seeing her father & her being scared at night cause once she wasnt seeing anymore it stopped. She still hasnt seen him in over a year & it started again. She doesnt drink anything past 7pm....& she goes to the bathroom right before bed. It also frustrates me that she doesnt come tell me when she does it. She just gets up & changes her clothes & goes back to her wet bed.....Im about ready to call the doc to run tests or something. I just dont know what to do anymore!! Im at my wits end! Anyone else going through this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well, maybe get her some underjams in the mean time so she wont have to worry about going to wet bed at night. Def. call the doc and see what's going with her. Try not to worry too much. I know it's hard. :)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It culd be a psycological thing! I dont think that is really normal as far as EVERY night goes! Good luck...wasnt trying to be mean!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• First make sure it's not a medical problem. If it isn't when my son was 7 the pediatrician reccomended an alarm.  It attached to her and when it started to get wet the alarm would go off.  It really worked he didn't like the alarm waking him up.  By a week he didn't need it any more.

Anonymous

• After making sure it isn't medical. It isn't just about have her pee before SHE goes to bed. You also must have her to before YOU go to bed. Sometimes that one last trip is what helps. It could be that she's just a deep sleeper. AND no liquids after 7pm is great, but what HOW MUCH she's taking in at dinner.
    Also get a plastic sheet to protect her mattress and teacher her to not only change her clothes but also her bedding and now is a great time to teach her how to use the washer and dryer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2010

• Our DD is 12 and she still wets the bed on occasion. The pediatrician said it would stop once her period started. She took DESMOPRESSIN to help control her bladder. It is taken about a half hour before bed time. IT WORKS! (when i remember to give it to her!) Ask your DD's pediatrician about it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2010