How old is too old to get pregnant?

I know it's becoming more popular to have babies later in life. I already have children, but want to have one more. Wondering how old is too old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My theory is that you should be young enough to play with your grandchildren...
    Anonymous

• I don't want to offend anyone in posting this because many women do have successful pregnancies later in life. I wouldn't want to assign an age to it, but I think there are risks in having a baby over the age of 40. Maybe get checked out and talk to your doctor about ttc again. Everyone's body is different. You may have the womb of a 20 year-old. Who am I to judge?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OMG, 40's! I am so sick of hearing of 40 year olds that are pregnant. 40 year olds should be grandparents by now. Yuck! If you are 40 and you have a child, you will be 60 when they are graduating. UGH... I am sure the kids are going to ask your child who their grandparents are. I am in my 40's and I would truly die if I were even to think about another one. My youngest was out when I was 42. I know have a life back and am free to do what I want!!

Anonymous

• If you can naturally get pregnant, then any age is a good one. The body was designed to get pregnant for a certain period of time. If you have passed that age, then you shouldn't be medically assisted.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I hope I can still have kids in the next couple of years. I had one child while unmarried at age 19. I am now 33 almost 34 and just now in a somewhat serious relationship. So, by the time he proposes and we are engaged awhile...and finally get married, I might be 38 or 39. I desperately want at least 2 or 3 kids with him. So, I hope I still can.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• for me personally...25, for others 30
    Anonymous

• I think if you won't be collecting Social Security when they enter Kindergarten, go for it. :-)
    Really, only a woman knows when she is too old. My mom had me and my brother at 21and 24, then had my (half) sister at almost 38. She does get confused as my sister's grandmother, but she knew going in that it may happen and she just politely corrects them. If you can handle the remarks from people, go for it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Personally I think 35 is a good age to stop having kids. I know many many don't like that, but I feel you should be young when you have kids, so you are young enough to be there for them when they are grown as well... You don't want to be a burden on them at the same time that they are trying to raise their own family... Also, anything over 35 puts the pregnancy in to the higher risk areas and the baby is at a higher risk of health issues.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• If you've gone through menopause, you're too old to be pregnant lol.

Until then it's all good.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• when you go into menopause! That is why God gave women menopause!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2010