Anyone get divorced and then remarried...to the same man?

What was the reason you divorced in the first place? How long in between the marriages? How did you know it would last the second time around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My mother and my MIL. My mom left my dad because she thought the grass was greener in GA. She basically screwed her kids' lives up for no reason other than she was SELFFISH. My parents got back together 4 years later because she decided forcing her children to live in poverty because she wanted to be independent wasn't the right thing to do. They have been back together for 9 years and got remarried 2 years ago so, they could claim married on their taxes. My MIL remarried my husbands dad after divorcing they got divorced again. I don't know the details though. My hubby was like 3 or 4 when they divorced the 2nd time.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I don't hold a grudge against my mom but, I can't stand women that decide they are going to leave their husband's just because "they can't handle it anymore" and they don't have a plan except for leaving. Don't bash my comments either because until you have been that child that is ripped from their home and from their other parent for NO REASON you have no idea.

matthewscandi

• My mom and dad did. They divorced early on in their marriage (at like less than two years), over something silly (stupid arguments that as young people they didn't see they could EVER get past), then remarried again less than 6 months after the divorce. They've been together for over thirty years since.
    Anonymous

• I divorced my first husband and we remarried 2 years later. We divorced the second time 4 years after that. We separated the first time for a reason. You would think i would be smart enough not to go back. I think I did it for the sake of our son. Wrong reason. I am now happily married to the best guy in the world.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2010