Why do you think Obama is responible for national debt going up?

Now before you make a fool of yourself, watch "The history of money" on youtube.

This system was out into place centuries ago, there no way to stop it unless we go back to precious metals,trade and barter.

Which is predicted.

I hope you are starting to save your metals. The system is failing.

Its you that buys a new car on a loan, its you that buys a house on a loan, its you that puts you money in a bank account,its you that saves money in a bank account.

These are the things that made this situation.

I applaud Mr. Obama for trying to overhual the ratio 9:1.

But as we see its to late to undo what our ancestors did. we are in to deep.

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 12:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think he's responsible. I'm a big fan of Obama and have been able to back MOST of his choices as a president. (Notice I said MOST - no one is perfect) Generally though, I think this man came in to a bad situation. He is doing what he can to change things, but change doesn't happen over night, it can't. I think most people are having issues in their own financial lives and seeing financial issues in our world in general, and they need someone to blame... So Obama gets it - because he's an easy target...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The financial crisis did not drive up the national debt... the bailouts and stimulus *did*. The HCR bill WILL. Our legislators (including Obama) are responsible for all of that.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• LMAO Consider yourself fooled
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• the fools are the ones who talk without sound education in a matter. They will be even bigger fools when others educayte themselves and they stand in pure view that they are the problem.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• True, it goes back a lot longer than Obama. I think Obama became somewhat of a scapegoat for the entire nation's troubles. However, back in '02, talk began about how there was going to be no social security in future years because of the nation's debt responsibility. Medicare was having issues and many, many others. People are just totally ignorant to the true ways. They want someone to blame other than themselves. I blame it on ignorance. Uneducated people thinking they know what's going on, when they truly have no idea.

Anonymous

• ok you 2 smart ones, tell me how money is created-here's a hint it not a printing machine.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Amen anonymous.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• It's borrowed from the federal reserve.... still doesn't mean that the financial crisis CAUSED our huge national debt. It's the actions that were taken by our legislators during the crisis that caused the debt.  Again, legislators that *included* Obama, both before and after his election to the presidency.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I got rid of credit cards years ago, my home is paid off (thanks to buying low and spending an inheritance), we also only have 1 car loan and not 3 like some other families we know. I hate being in debt. I do think this system has failed us. It has nothing to do with Obama but this lending system we're bent on sticking with.
    Anonymous

• congrats anonymous. :0)
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010