When job hunting, where do you look?

I'm trying to find a new job and have 4 years experience in my current field (office management) but I'm not really sure where to start as far as looking for a new job (same field). I've tried a few places online but everything seems like a scam. I've looked in the paper, but can't find much..

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've gotten several interviews from Craigslist. Usually I will have a family or friend that hooks me up though. The job I have now I hooked myself up with.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Well, my first choice would be places like SnagAJob & Craigslist, but those aren't going to have tons of tailored options for you. You may have a better time by simply contacting companies you may be interested in working for and sending them a resume. You never know who is looking but not advertising...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i went to monster.com and also looked under state jobs. i have to take a test tomorrow for a state job myself. good luck!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I look at my states workforce website. Like my job I have now, they found my resume' on there. Go to your states unemployment website and there should be jobs and a place to add you resume'. I also go to all the temp agencies. And all the employment listings online.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I go on my state employment office...registered for work and search for openings through there, i got hired at the office job i have now through craigslist. craigslist is worth it if your willing to send out 100s of resumes and only get a few calls. there are plenty of scams and fake postings but its free, so employers will use it to advertise!! local news papers word of mouth...sending your resume out to offices that you would be interested in....ummmmm cant think of anything else.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Craigslist.com
    Indeed.com
    Career Central website
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you. Craigslist, too.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 12:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• There are tons of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms Group http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 12:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010