Witchy Women - I need your input...

I'm doing a blog series about the witches "tool box" and I'm looking to just find out what everyone has in theirs... I know each of us has different beliefs and practices and of course we each have out own feeling about tools and whatnot... So, in an effort to cover a broader base of information... Tell me what is in your tool box, did you buy or make your tools, and what "path" are you on?

**Anyone who isn't comfortable posting this here I would be happy take PMs. NONE OF MY BLOGS USE NAMES - they are purely informational!

Oh, and if you bought them - where? That's always a great add!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well...you've seen mine:

This is where I keep my tools and supplies and can easily be packed away and taken anywhere...be it my living room, my friend's living room, or the park!

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

•  

Here it is semi-set up.  (Yes, that is a Stanley toolbox!) 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The candles I made myself...with Elemental embedded in the wax:  Stones in the Earth candle, feathers in the Air one, burnt sticks in the Fire one, and sea shells in the Water one.  You'll also see a Stone, some feathers, a lava rock, and sea shells in the compartments in the lid of the toolbox.  (I have a thing for the Elements.)

from:  My Altars...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I love that box, I don't really have anything for rituals. I've got a few things but they are mainly spread out in different boxes due to where they were packed in when they were bought. I really need to do something about that, but life has thrown me one hell of a curve ball and all that has to be put on the back burner for now.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Mama - I love you! I have a similar set up, but I use a Cosmetics box instead of an actual tool box! It's always nice to see I'm not the only one with a mix matched candle set or unconventional use of every day things!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I lucked out, a friend of mine converted a large jewelry box into a mini altar for me as a Yule gift. I keep most of my candles (the rest are in a little cedar box right next to it) ritual items, goblets, bowls, daggers, and even my tarot cards either in or around the mini altar so it's all together if I need to find any of it, I wish I had a picture, he did such a beautiful job on it!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I like that box. that is soo cool! I dont use any tools really except my mind but I do generally use candles if I have them just to keep my focus
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Oh, and

My wand is a decorated wooden spoon.
    My cauldron is my crock pot.
    My athame is a paring knife.
    My "herbs" are from McCormick.

I am a KitchenWitch
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• wow MamaK88 i love that tool box of yours!!!!!!!

Im tring to find a place in my room for an altar and then i'm going to get an empty tool box,Cosmetics box or some type of box to put my tools in. i dont really have a lot of tools right now though. the only tools i have right now are my BOS, tarot cards, pendulam, a wand, one sage stick,My "herbs" are also from McCormick, and some white candels. i still need a lot more tools i think so when i get enough money i'll buy the ones i dont already have or i'm going to try and see if i can make the other tools that i still need.

I am a GreenWitch/KitchenWitch
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 3:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Candles (bought at WalMart), gemstones (Blue Mountain gems website), two brass crystal wands (a Meta-fair), a Merlin Wand (a gift) and a pine wand (handmade by me), an oil-burner with potpourri oils (WalMart), incense (mostly WalMart), a twin dragon statue that holds my sword-shaped athame which is a letter opener ( a gift), a pentacle altar cloth (made by me and embroidered with a tight zig-zag stich on my sewing machine) and three catholic candles--St. Michael, Guardian Angel, and Holy Spirit. There's a photo on my home page of the set-up. I am also making a portable altar kit and putting it in a plastic CD holder with a handle rather than an actual tool box. But I love yours!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2010