Pros and cons of being a Mark Rep?

I would like a little extra cash..What do I need to know about wanting to do this?What is your experience?Anything you tell me would be helpful :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• An Avon rep can sell both Avon and Mark products, but a Mark rep cannot sell Avon. Both companies offer you an online store for your customers to shop from, but with Avon there's a monthly charge and with Mark it's free. In addition, Avon requires you to open up a line of credit because that's how you pay for your orders, but you don't have to do that with Mark. The Mark starter kit comes with a booklet telling you how to get your business started, 10 free magalogs for you to hand out, and the beauty insider book which notifies reps of new stuff coming out the following month (and gives reps a chance to purchase early to demo). I believe you'll also receive some of the "best of Mark" products for you to try or use as samples. Mark products are high quality and not just for teens. I'm 42 and a number of my older customers love the skincare line. http://droten.avonrepresentative
    Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 6:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Really for anyone who isn't a teenager it's just CONS. Mark is a division of Avon, ANY Avon rep is also a Mark rep. The Mark catalog is fairly small (maybe 12 pages) whereas if you just pay the $20 and be an Avon rep you have the full brochure and other smaller brochures (like the outlet) you can sell to those who don't want just teenage geared makeup and accessories AND you can sell the Mark items as well. Mark is really geared towards teenagers who aren't old enough to be an Avon rep, but they are old enough to be a Mark rep.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

•  

http://www.meetmark.com/PRSuite/sell/sellmark.jsp

That makes NO sense Mom2Jack04  lol

Anonymous

• I agree with Mom2Jack. Mark is very limited and focuses mostly on the younger crowd. If you go for the entire Avon set up you can sell to just about anyone. They even have a mens line. Mark limits you to mostly teens... But, it is very low cost to get in to - but then again, so is Avon. My advice, if you want to do Mark, join Avon, then you at least have the option of selling to those who don't fit in to the Mark Market...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i love mark..im 24 now and have been selling it since i was 16.. i find it sells easy. the only thing i hate is there is no downline like with avon. i would say sell avon and mark ..the cost is cheap with mark and the product is great.. i use it and will never switch to avon.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Anon how does it NOT make sense...Mark is a division of Avon....an Avon rep can sell from any brochure they put out including the Mark brochure....however a Mark rep can ONLY sell from the Mark brochure.....thats why it makes sense to be the Avon rep have a wider scope of what you can sell.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2010