Do your kids sometimes play camping in there bedroom?(with a small tent and sleeping bags)

Mine do and guess what don't do it. Someone will just report you to CPS and then tell them all kinds of lies. I allow my kids to have a imagination and adventure when they can't go outside because it is over 100 degrees.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wth? Fill us in.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• no he usually uses his comforter to make a tent
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Kiwi does sometimes. She has a bed, but my dad sent her a tent a few years ago for Christmas and my mom gave her my sister's old sleeping bag. Sometimes, she gets to set it up and sleep in the floor as a reward. Sometimes, she'll play in the tent all day pretending to camp just to sleep in her bed that night.
    I'm sorry someone told all kinds of lies about your family. Do you know who it was? How many people knew you were letting them do that?
    I think it's good for kids to have fun like that, and it's a great outdoor thing that can be done indoors when it's too hot or raining outside.
    So far no one has reported us for it. I can't imagine someone doing that.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My girls used to do that and have a lot of fun. During the winters up in Maine if the power went out during a storm and we didn't have any heat we would all pile up together in the living room and "camp out" as a family. Those were fun times!
    Also, in Maine we didn't have a/c, only window fans. It rarely got humid, but once in awhile it got really hot or the girls got hot from playing outdoors. I would give them a light snack with a cool drink to cool their insides down and draw them a tepid bath so the three of them could "swim" together...lol. I covered the bathroom floor with towels, let them bring their Barbies into the tub, and they would just stay in there for a good hour or so. I would then drain the tub, put clean water in and then wash them up good. The best times were late afternoons or early evenings so they were squeaky clean and cooled off for bed. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• what does cps have to do with this? Mine do and it is not a crime...????
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I do it all the time. I love to play camping and sleep in a tent in the living room. We have a blast, and my kids aren't even little anymore. It's a fun adventure and a chance to use your imagination.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 3:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We do in the basement! So fun!! The basement is fully finished, and when it gets 100+ degrees it is so much more comfy to sleep....for ALL of us!
    Anonymous

• They sure do! It's easier to make a tent now that one of them has bunk beds.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2010