the reason i am asking so many ?s is because my ped. told me 4oz is too much for him so i have been feeding him 3 and he is still hungry. the ped.told me to just let him cry if he is hungry i dont know hat to do i dont want to over feed him.

2boysmommi

Asked by 2boysmommi at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your pediatrician is nuts. You feed that baby until he is full. You cant overfeed an infant, if they are crying and hungry, they are hungry!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• You're his Mom. You know what's best for him.

Doctor's aren't always right!
    Anonymous

• listen to your baby not the doc all baby are different so give him 4 it wont hurt
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Is he overweight or something? Kiwi was eating 4 oz when she left the hospital at a week old (she had to stay due to a heart problem). Where most kids lose a few ounces between birth and going home, she gained half a pound. Her doctor never said anything about it.
    Have you tried giving him the 4 oz then seeing if he cried after an hour? Doing it once or twice just to check can't hurt.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• the general rule of thumb is 2-3 oz per pound of bod weight per day. So between 20 and 30 oz for a 10 pound baby. It may be more during a growth spurt.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree, if baby is hungry he/she needs to be fed, I would not let my baby cry of hunger. Is there some medical reason why your ped is asking you to do this?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• no he isnt overweight but he is a spitter and the doc says its because hes overeating.sometimes hell throw up the whole bottle but thats even after hes only had 2 oz sometimes.
    2boysmommi

Answer by 2boysmommi at 1:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I agree that your ped is nuts. Feed the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Find a new doctor...which is rare for me to say. I would also get him checked for acid reflux.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• the ped said its not acid reflux he said its overeating. but my baby is always hungry.
    2boysmommi

Answer by 2boysmommi at 1:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010