Reiki practitioners I have a question about the Cho Ku Rei symbol...

For awhile now I have been intersted in learning Reiki but I dont know that much about it so I have been tring to research it as much as I can. While I was doing some research yesterday one of the five Reiki symbols caught me attention. Its called the Cho Ku Rei(or Reiki power symbol). I've only found a little bit of information on it and all the websites I have gone to so far all say the same things about the symbol from what I have read I know that it is used to focus energy and accelerate healing, its used for protection, its used as an 'energy cleansing' / 'energy blessing' for food, drink, or possessions, it keeps away negativity and its sometimes nicknamed "the light switch" as it connects us to the Reiki energy like a light switch being turned on. Is that really all the information on this particular symbol? or is there some more information out there about it that I just havnt read yet.

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 1:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is always more to know, but I'm not sure what your exact question is. What "more" are you wanting? I mean, are you wanting history or more information about what you can do with it, or what? Much of what there is to know about the symbols comes from working with them. And some of what there is to know about the symbols is only shared between master and teacher, especially in certain traditions. I would suggest that you move past websites, which tend to have very limited and basic information on them, and find some books or even a Reiki master who can answer your questions more fully.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2010