Did you know this?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/09/passports.transgender/index.html?iref=allsearch

Asked by older at 2:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I read that the other day (yesterday I think). I think it is great. Then again I am probably a bit bias.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I wasn't aware that they had changed it. It worries me, not because of the sexual orientation, but how much easier it will be for those seeking to hide to get their information changed.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 2:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• What happens when something catastrophic happens and your clothes have to be cut off and your passport says one thing but, your body says another? Can a person get "in trouble" or anything in another country for being "transgender?" I don't understand it, I guess. If you are physically female then your identification should say that and vice versa.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it really matters if someone's passport says they have a penis or a vagina and i can't imagine someone would benefit that much from changing that box from an M to an F, all the other information is still the same.
    Anonymous

• anon, these are people that are going through transition, leading to a sex change.

Answer by older at 4:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

Emotionally they do.

Answer by older at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I couldn't careless.Wonder how we will bend backwards to accommodate the next persons need to force acceptance of their freaky pleasure that should be private.
    Anonymous

Emotionally they do.

I meant that i didn't think it was safety concern. One should be able to identify themself however they find appropriate.
    Anonymous

No one is asking you or anyone else to accept anything, having a passport in the gender you identify as is not a freaky pleasure, it is an emotionally stepping stone for those going through transition.

Answer by older at 4:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• LMAO...I am sorry....but I am trying to figure out how they enforced the old rule. If you could drop trow and prove your pieces had changed you were all good? Who had THAT job?? Look, I dont really care how you identify your sex in a passport an drivers license or At the hotel check in......I DO start to get a little dicey on the subject when it comes to bathrooms and public showers (like the gym and stuff).

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010