Christian Tattoo Idea - thoughts? (Not for debate on if its okay)

My sons mothers day gift for me is a tattoo and my birthday present (in a few weeks) is another tattoo.. my question is what do you think of my tattoo idea...

I want to get a cat-of-nine tails on my outer forearm that will slightly wrap to inner forearm (I already have a tattoo on my lower inner forearm) and either the entire verse or just the scripture reference of Isaiah 53:5 (.... by His stripes we are healed)..

again no bashing and I'm not debating if its okay for Christians to have tattoos, i just want your thoughts on this idea...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That sounds awesome to me. I have a sun/moon tattoo that is not complete. I have to get the wording translated into hebrew. It is going to read: God's Son, a light in a dark place. :)
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Why don't you google some images on the internet? It could give you some great ideas.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• forgot to add...the sun and moon represent Jesus... Jesus is the Sun and Jesus is the moon...a light in a dark place.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• OP here - didnt mean to be anon - i've tried googling but can't get a good image of what i'm wanting.. i may have to have the artist draw it out.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• twdivine - i like that - when its complete u should post...
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Yahweh made us perfect the way we are. You are doing something against his will. Repent and be baptized into his son's true name and be saved! Turn from evil and do good! Only then can you be part of the promise, and coming kingdom. It is your choice, but I must warn you since you claim to be his child. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• daphna - did you not read what i said.. it's not up to debate.. I do not believe that me getting a tattoo is a sin. I have repented, I am saved, I have been baptized, I am Holy Spirit filled, blood bought, blood washed and living according to the word of God. I have prayed about it and I am not doing evil. You are doing something that Jesus (Yeshua) said not to do and that is judge me and my salvation. I don't just claim to be His child... I am His child. Now feel free to move on and take your incorrect, misinterpreted teachings somewhere else.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Bonn... I think that sounds neat.

A friend has a small simple cross tattooed on the inner crease of her wrist. It serves as a reminder to her to think about what she does, and that it is in His word.
    Anonymous

• If you want a tattoo go for it, though I might give consideration to something other than a cat of nine tails as it might be taken the wrong way by those who see your tattoo.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• kristi - as a Christian most tattoos on us are taken the wrong way by some ppl (as can be seen by one of the previous responses)... also it will have a bible verse with it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2010