would you let your 16 year old daughter sail around the world??

WTF why would her father allow her to go on her own?? Would you? Do you think this is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, Kiwi is only 5 right now, but if she was 16 and as prepared and trained and knew what she was doing like the 16 yr old that was just found, I'd like to think I wouldn't hold her back. There isn't much difference in 16 and 18.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• This girl had enough training to make it safe for her to do this, her ambition was to do this on her own and was very well equipped with knowledge to achieve it. I think that these parents were very supportive of her dream and this is why they allowed it, there is unforseen danger in everyday activities.

Answer by older at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Im sick of hearing about KIWI. Can't you just answer one question without mentioning your Daughters Name. SERIOUSLY! Kiwi didn't even have anything to do with this question, yet you STILL mention her. I'm SO SICK OF KIWI!
    Anonymous

• Wow, anon 33. I'm so sorry I offended you by using my kid's nickname instead of saying "my kid is only 5"
    You pmsing or something?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I wish I had a 16 year old with such ambition. My teenager's only real goal is to see how much X Box he can play in a day. If he had such desire to do something so big like that, I think I would encourage him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

Had some vinegar for breakfast or lunch?

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• After reading the story last night I said the same thing... what the hell were they thinking!
    Then my husband laughed and said, If she really wanted to and worked hard for it and was ready- he wouldn't hesitate. Worry, yes... but why hold them back.

I don't know- Maybe I'd be in a boat right behind her. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

Good, I thought I was the only one!!! Please tell me that is not that poor child's real name!

Anonymous

• I saw that on the news. She has coast guard tracking her, she was trained, it said her brother did the same thing...soo I dunno just depends
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• No I would not let my 16 year old sail around the world on their own!!! Obviously, she WASN'T equipped to handle it because she had to be rescued.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2010