What difference does it make if someone cares???!!

I'm in a really bad place in my life right now, where the thought of suicide has crossed my mind just about every day, which is an issue all in its own. But when you get to a point where you feel this way, what difference does it make if I know people care about me? My parents, siblings, SO, DD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It doesnt matter.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Well, if you considered how that would make them feel, then it would make a difference to you. I'm sorry you feel like life is not worth living right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just remember...things change constantly and everything is temporary. Chances are there is a solution or a light at the end of the tunnel that you just don't see right now. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. :)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I've been there. Several times. People would tell me "oh, but your daughter wouldn't have a mom" and I would just think "no mom is better than a mom who is like this". It just gets to the point where you think everyone is better off w/out you.
    My husband and daughter are still the only ones who kept me alive though. It wasn't so much that they cared for me as I didn't want to put them through the pain of and trouble of suicide. I figured a depressed wife was better than funeral arrangements. Sounds weird, but whatever worked.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• The difference it makes is that you are not alone. Everyday people with terminal illness without hope would trade places with you or with anyone with anyones who's health is good. Whatever the place you are right now, look around you and you will find others in a much worse place and yet they go on and live life. Life is a gift, and if your bad place is getting you down use your energy to get out of there and find a happier place, instead of giving up.
    Think about those who care for you and what you taking your life would do to them, suicide is selfish and an easy way out, fight for your life and make it beter.

Answer by older at 3:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I understand that all the pain and suffering that you feel is weighing you down. The weight of it is unbearable. I was in your shoes recently. I talked to my hus about it says later. He tried to tell me what I would do to all the people in my life and it was not helpful to me, either. Just keep in mind that situations are constantly changing. That may mean for the better or worse but eventually it will get better. It will not happen on the timeframe that we expect it too but it will. I would have to adivse you to seek professional counseling. Your local church may be able to offer free services or if you are a student the university may offer services. Some local community mental health services offer sliding scale fees for those that do not have insurance or if you have insurance contact them. Even if you choose to not do this, find someone that does matter to you and talk it through. They may know something that can help.
    Anonymous

• suicide is selfish. do you want your child to grow up without a mother? your child will most likely think it was their fault that you're gone. think of the people who have it alot worse than you. what are your reasons for wanting to kill yourself? think of those reasons and try to make a better life for yourself. committing suicide is the easy way out. sometimes life is rough but when you down all you can do is go up.
    Anonymous

• I want to smack the person who writes suicide is selfish. Degrading some one with depression is so helpful. Off of the soap box I will never understand suicide. No matter how depressed I get I wouldn't think of killing my self. I simply thing of running away. I try to run away and realize that I don't know where to go. So honey if you ever need some one to talk to I will listen. Please feel free to p.m. me. I can talk to you. I can listen to you. I have been close to suicide and I want to tell you--I wish I could have been there for him. So if you need some one please feel free to send me a message. You don't have to go through this alone. There is a suicide hot line number I hope there will be something I can say to you now,
    that will help you find a reason to stay alive for another day - find a reason to bear the unbearable pain until relief comes.
    Find something or someone to live for.1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Here is another address with an important message..
    http://www.hopeline.com/
    1800 784 2433

Talk to someone you trust. Talk to some one any one. Call me if you want to talk. 301 728 2873.
    My good friend told me today about the 24 hour rule. Any major life changing event need to be thought over for 24 hours. You need to wait 24 hours to go through with it. So if your thinking change, wait and see if you feel the same way.
    Death is not an option. It is not the answer. The answer is talking to someone. Please remember you are a valuable person. you are loved and needed. I know that is hard to believe but it is true.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010